if ( knowledge ) {

A place for thought, progress, and dissent.

Tuesday, May 24, 2005

Summer Goals

Last week, I was asked what my goals were for the summer. I didn't have many good answers at the time so here goes:
  • Pay off my debt. I'll do it, but we'll see how fast. The end of the summer might be pushing it.

  • Learn Ruby. Ruby on Rails is getting a lot of hype right now, and for good reason. Ruby as a language excites me for all sorts of nerdy reasons (true object-orientation!) and Rails seems quite useful. I'm certainly ready to get back into a nice language. Plus I love learning new languages.

  • Boost my level of QA. No more trusting myself. Stuart, this one's for you.

  • Finish my own website. I know this project will consume me, so I'm avoiding starting it.

  • Buy a house. Ha! Just kidding. A house a couple doors down went on the market today, and if I were in a buying position, I'd consider it, not that it's terribly nice. Good rental house.
That's a good list for now and maybe I'll add to it.

2 Comments:

At 1:08 AM, Blogger Rawfood said...

Do you use basecamp at If?

 
At 11:44 AM, Blogger Daniel said...

Funny you should ask. I've been looking it over for the past few days and considering it.

It's a great app, but I'm just now getting to the point where I'd like to start using it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home