if ( knowledge ) {

A place for thought, progress, and dissent.

Friday, January 07, 2005

Veritas

Someone commented here a while ago "I want to hear some progress! I want some dissent!"

I think the last couple of posts were a decent dosage of dissent. How about some progress?

Next week, the Hope College Veritas Forum will be keynoted by Jim Wallis of Sojourners fame. For those of you who don't know Sojourners, they are a group for "faith, politics, culture" and Wallis' Keynote should be good. If you are in the Holland area Thursday, Jan. 13 make a point to go.

2 Comments:

At 9:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Dan -- good to know you are still doing well. :) Let me know if you ever want to head on down to good old VA!
-Becky :)

 
At 1:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm confused. Where was the dissent in the last couple of posts? I don't think anybody in their right mind would call the Westboro folks anywhere close enough to any stream, be it main or otherwise, such that they could be dissented from... I would guess those folks are way too conservative to vote democrat or republican. Basically, they're theocratic, fundamentalist, fascists whose rivals are more easily found in Iran than the US. Moving on, I never saw anything with Veritas, maybe it would be interesting.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home