if ( knowledge ) {

A place for thought, progress, and dissent.

Monday, January 24, 2005

Regular Expressions (still) Rock!

Note: I'm writing more about code lately. Sorry for all of you who don't care or understand. ;-)

I finished v.2.0 of my Creative Commons Plugin for b2evolution a few days ago. I figured out a way to post CC's RDF metadata, which was causing problems before. This version seems pretty solid, though I haven't had any bug reports yet. Actually, I've only had 2 people even mention that they've used it! I know more have, but it would be nice to hear a "yep, works great" or "this really sucks" once in a while. I also put it up on a server that I can't track downloads... shoot.

I got to write a couple quick regular expressions in the process. If there's one thing I wish I'm better at, its regular expressions... I really haven't taken advantage of them enough. For the CC plugin, I only needed a simple one and the hardest part was a misunderstanding I had with PHP's syntax.

I picked up Regular Expressions in 10 Minutes at the Library today. It looks ok (nowhere close to O'Reilly's) but hopefully it will a good refresher!

1 Comments:

At 7:15 PM, Blogger Sara said...

Well...I appreciate your note because I am one of those people who doesn't care because I don't understand. Thanks for thinking of us little ignorant people!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home