if ( knowledge ) {

A place for thought, progress, and dissent.

Wednesday, November 10, 2004

Attack!

Last Wednesday night, I was driving around Holland with a couple girls in the car (see, life is good). Anyway, I was on Ottawa Beach Road, and a deer came out of the woods on a curve and sat on the hood of my Mazda. If I had not been driving somewhere near 40 miles per hour, this might have been more fun. Liz, in the front, got to see the deer go up, and down, landing in front of the car. None of us saw it until it made contact with my car.Front View

I immediately slammed on my breaks and the truck behind me did too. The guy from the truck dragged it off to the side of the road. I was trying to help, but the other two legs were still kicking a bit. Regardless, it was too hurt to get up. I moved my car off the road, and went into the Itty Bitty Bar, which was the closest thing open, to call the police. A few Hope guys were in there (I had class with one of them) and on hearing the news, they got excited to see it. They found a knife and slit its throat, putting it out of its misery. Probably a good thing.

Side ViewThese guys then proceeded to call a friend with a bigger knife. The friend came, and they field-dressed the doe and threw it in their pickup. We waited an hour and a half for the police, and they finally made it all legal. It made for a long night, but it was kinda fun. Emily came out to see them cutting. Liz had trouble sleeping.

1 Comments:

At 12:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This statement is based on assumption... but...

Just think Dan... if it weren't for republicans, that deer would have died slowly.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home