if ( knowledge ) {

A place for thought, progress, and dissent.

Monday, October 18, 2004

In the Coffee Shop II

An update to my August 8 post, In the Coffee Shop.

My friend Emily works in the Coffee shop. We have been hanging out lately, and went there together Thursday night.

While Emily was working on Friday, the woman who confronted me came up to her and asked about the guy she was with the night before (me). Emily acknowledged our friendship and the woman fearfully warned her "I think he's doing something with Kerry!" Emily, being the caring soul she is, informed the woman "I don't want to disappoint you, but I think I'm voting for Kerry too."

I wish I could have seen the look on her face. The woman then asked Emily if she supported abortion. Emily replied that she did not, and not wishing to explain how she does not believe in legislating against others having abortions, she ended the conversation and went back to work.

So now I am bringing down my friends. At least I got a good laugh about it.

I saw the woman this morning. She said "hi" and I replied "hello", as I smiled.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home